Locking your keys in the car or getting locked out of your home can be both embarrassing and frustrating. While many people are willing to do almost anything to fix the situation as quickly as possible and get on with their day, you need to be cautious of who you call to help you when it comes to 24-hour emergency locksmith service.
Unfortunately, like many of the other skilled trades, the locksmith industry has their fair share of unreliable technicians. There are many residential and commercial locksmiths who are more interested in scamming unsuspecting people and making a fast buck than actually helping people get out of their predicament.
Locking your keys in your car is one thing, but getting scammed when you think you are getting help from a licensed locksmith is a slap in the face. This is why you need to be more selective in the local locksmith companies you call choose. If you are not careful, you could be the next victim of a locksmith scam.
10 signs you could be getting scammed
There are number of telltale signs that indicate you could be dealing with a scammer:
- If the price is low and too good to be true, then it is most likely a scam
- The locksmith will only accept cash payment
- The locksmith cannot produce common credentials such as their company identification and proof of license and certification
- The technician gives you a hard time about your request for a written estimate
- They show up in an unmarked vehicle
- They request significantly more money than you were quoted on the phone
- They approach you unsolicited
- The locksmith acts in a way that you would deem unprofessional
- The technician is aggressive and tries to intimidate you
- The locksmith technician acts awkward if you ask questions
If something just doesn’t feel right about your interaction with the locksmith, walk away. You are better off being cautious than becoming a victim of a scam.
If you want to find a reliable locksmith in your area, take the time to look them up online before contacting them. Check out their website, look for accreditation, make note of their service guarantees, and then check out customer reviews on trade directories to see what other customers have to say about their locksmith services. Getting scammed will just make a bad situation worse!
10 signs you could be getting scammed: How to hire a reliable locksmith
by Sami Zarik, Reliable Locksmith Toronto
And Hire Us – and Contact us today
We are called Reliable Locksmith for a reason.
We take pride in being the most trusted and dependable local locksmith in Toronto and the GTA.
• 24 Hour Emergency Locksmith
• Residential Locksmith
• Commercial Locksmith
• Industrial Locksmith
• Auto Locksmith
Contact us today